Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Day at Pacifica

Yesterday, my family went across the street to Pacifica, a non-profit organization, to check out the festivities for their Mother’s Day Weekend Festival (I’m sure it had a more Williams-appropriate name).
I didn’t get any good pictures of the vendors, but guess what I did get pictures of…

Yeah, there were two Suffolk Punch horses pulling a wagon, and I got a ride…and plenty of pictures of their plain harness so I could have a swing at making one for my models J







Although the horses were overweight and out of shape, they had plenty of go-get-um for their job – and the guy who was driving them said he took them to a pulling competition last year and had them pulling 7,200 lbs!! (he said they could have done more, but they weren’t trained for it and he didn’t want to push them.
Anyways, enjoy those pictures!

No comments: