Monday, December 26, 2011

Tackmaking at the End of the Tunnel

This morning I learned that I have a customer who wants a bridle spiffed up.

(Once again, Blogger isn't cooperating. I'll check back later to see if I can post pictures.)

The customer is the third or fourth owner of the gaited saddle I made to fit the Peruvian Paso mold.

(....won't load pictures.)

Anyways, it was the first time I'd ever done anything so drastic as fitting the saddle to a specific mold - which turned out to be neccessary for that model. The Peruvian Paso mold is very short-backed, and his high headset makes his neck get in the way.

I wasn't comissioned to make a bridle, however, because the customer ordering the tack already had a bridle they would use with the saddle. I just said "It makes my job easier!"

Well, now, the saddle is with a bosal bridle - it's nice, but for some inexplicable reason the browband is way, way too short.

So, I have been commissioned to replace all of the leather on this bridle with new leather that 1). Matches the saddle's color, and 2). Fits the poor horse's forehead.

After all, the saddle has NAN'ed already - why not give it a winning bridle too? ;)

No comments: