Monday, July 4, 2011

On with his coat....

Okay, okay, so i knw everyone said that "his neck is toooo long!! Shorten it!", I had my qualms about hacking into him (again) and trying to make his neck shorter - I would mostl likely have caused myself not only more work (obviously), but hassle, stress, and it would have been a nuisance to try and make him perfect....

So, just a clarification - I know  everyone gave me advice (his neck is too long), and thank you for it! I really appreciate it - but, sadly, I decided to leave it - he is only my first drastic custom and I'm willing to let it be a flaw and learn from it next  time.

In the meanwhile...


His color looks more orange in that lighting, but I htink his neck looks less-long (:-/) with his main coat color on. (he'll be getting his pinto spots today).

So, if you're one of the folks who gave me all that wonderful advice, now that I have not heeded it you're probably cursing my name...if not, you will be soon.

7 comments:

Anna said...

I think he's cute, despite the long neck! You can probably work the pinto pattern to minimize the length of the neck, too.

Anonymous said...

This is your first drastic custom?!?! It's nice. The buckskin color really does help make the neck look better, and so I really wouldn't worry about it. Your next one will naturally be even better. Overall, I think he came out pretty dang cool and he'll make a fun performance horse. Wish he was mine!

Noble Farms Custom Saddlery said...

Thanks guys - I was kinda expecting to get railed for not following the advice of my superiors :-/ Anyhoo, I think if I make the pinto on his neck smaller, it may make his neck look smaller as well - if I put tons of white on it, I'm thinking that'll make my problem worse...any thoughts? I think I need to check my breeds book again...

Anonymous said...

Yeah,I think painting a little white on the neck and more on the body is a smart move. Is he going to be a tobiano? That would make it really easy to put a marking on the crest and a very large marking on the shoulders. I think that will help draw people's eyes to his shoulders first. Ultimately, though, do whatever you want most. It's your creation,so have fun.

Anna said...

I'm with Anonymous. Minimize the white up high and throw it all over his withers and barrel. Better yet, fuss with it in Photoshop first. Barring that, seal the heck out of him and THEN do a first layer of white. That way you can wash it off if you have to.

Anonymous said...

I agree that he looks much better with his clothes on. Nice work!

Noble Farms Custom Saddlery said...

He's gonna be an overo, so I sketched in pencil against his neck the white areas (small) and the white areas on his shoulders (as large as a frame overo can get XD)
We spent all afternoon at the lake today, and all this morning building a fence for our beef steer (today was HIS independence day too), so maybe I can do some painting after dinner or tomorrow a.m.