Friday, February 25, 2011

2011 Treasure Hunt Revealed...

I don't know how many of you are on Fallen Leaves or Model Horse Blab, but I saw this and just HAD to share:


From what gossip I've heard, it's an Eberl arabian mare - here is the link to the FL post:
http://fallen-leaves.net/forums/orginal-finish/there-2011-treasure-hunt-t27541.html?sid=39ee20374780e7d36a610565d454b089


But, if you don't want to go there and sift through the 9 pages (and growing), here is the brief summary from Tommy @ Geddie's Toys:


Hi All,
I just got off the phone with my sales rep and sent out a newsletter to our members.
Here's the details-
The Models are called ThunderStorm which is a Black with half a stripe and a snip and 3 white socks. Partly Cloudy is the Dapple Grey Pinto and then Sunny is the super cool Palomino with 3 hind socks and a star/ half stripe.
The fourth Free model is named Rainbow and we can only guess at what that means! MAP Price is going to be $44.99 ea.

They 'should be' ready for dealers to order around the begining of March. The mold will only be available this year and then will be 'Locked away in the Breyer Vault until 2016"
Of course like last year, dealers will receive random assortments and we can't order just one color.
Unfortunetly ,I am anticipating these selling out early like the Drafter TH did last year and Breyer 'running out' for extended months. I'm crossing my fingers they see this coming too!

Tommy



Above quoted from his post on FL, contained in the link above.


Now, do I really need MORE horses? *Sigh*...oh, hey, I have leftover shelf space *wink*...


5 comments:

Meekkeet Studio said...

It COULD be a Eberl- http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2843759530102862605FIXsCo saw this picture and she looks kinda like it but with a new tail and ears maybe. That's an Eberl Mascha resin.

Noble Farms Custom Saddlery said...

Hmm...yeah, maybe she took her resin sculpture, modified it, and gave it to Breyer to make into a model...I can't remember where I heard it was an Eberl resin...here maybe?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NAcktTnA0M&feature=feedf
Sounds like this person knew the model was an Eberl...but, you never know...

Meekkeet Studio said...

Well, Eberl is so nice to have her horses in plastic-that's why she's so popular. I don't own any ( not even a Salinero.. which I should because I want her resin Arab Pasha), but this is one I really need to add to my collection!

Braymere said...

I love that you have a picture of Balthazar's legs printed out and occupying space in your studio!

Noble Farms Custom Saddlery said...

Haha, I wondered if anyone would notice that! I needed good reference for some SMB boots I wanted to make, and oddly your boot photos were even better than the pictures of real boots in my catalogs! I hope you don't mind that I "borrowed" your photo...