Thursday, February 24, 2011

...It's Complicated

Okay, so you remember my new Roxy model, right?

...and you remember my last post...


...Hmmm......



Should I show you?


I guess I can....


So, won't you agree with me when I say that...this change was for the better! I hand-cross-stitched Lexi's blanket, and the saddle was really quick and easy - even though I was running out of glue, I twisted and pulled that tube until I had squished every single drop out of it.

Oh, and I finished some SMB boots for her, too...


I plan on getting a bridle done soon - beaded with a nice bit - and then I'll photograph the whole set-up and you can drool if you want to... :-)

6 comments:

Stephanie Clark said...

How do you finish the cross-stitch pad? I can cross-stitch my design but then I have no idea how to finish it and do the edges. Anything would be appreciated, though I'm sure it's probably a pretty simple thing that I'm trying way to hard to get right. Thanks!

PS I love the color of the boots. It looks really good on her. I haven't even attempted boots yet... but I have almost finished my first english saddle when I find my wire cutters...

Noble Farms Custom Saddlery said...

Actually, I had absolutely no clue how to finish it myself, but I figured it out...

I just continued the cross-stitch pattern, but instead of doing it on flat fabric for the rest of the design, I folded over the edge and just did the cross stitch pattern around the folded edge...

Haha, I may end up doing a tutorial on that - with pictures! Let me know if this helps - and I'm glad you like the boots! They were really fun and easy to make!

Stephanie Clark said...

I'm going to give that a try... and of course I'd love a tutorial on it with pictures! If you have the time that'd be great!

Meekkeet Studio said...

Wow! What a beautiful saddle! Love the stirrup design, I'm going to have to do that to one of mine! Are you going to add any silver?

Noble Farms Custom Saddlery said...

No, I don't have any silver to add to it :-D. I like it plain, though - it's supposed to be a reining saddle, and I haven't seen many (if any) reining saddles with silver.

Meekkeet Studio said...

Sounds lovely! I'd love to make a plain western saddle, but mine always come out with silver! I am finishing a brown/dk tan western pleasure saddle with breastcollar and bridle. I've got to show you, it's a wonderful design I made with the Rio Rondo etched plates and some black squares/nailheads for the decorations.